Thursday, April 1, 2010

trip report 7/27-8/2 3 hotels very long

First of all I want to thank everyone on this forum for being so helpful. My husband kept asking me how did I know all this stuff.



We took the Showtime shuttle to the Luxor. Arrived at 11:30 am. Waited about 10 minutes to check in. Asked for an upgrade, but told they were booked. My husband mentioned that it was my birthday-they could care less. Stayed in the new towers. The room was nice 9th floor-facing the strip. I was impressed. Walked around the hotel- we kept getting lost-lack of signs. We had a 2 for 1 for the buffet-ate lunch there. It was pretty good. Checked out Mandalay Bay and Excalibur. Walked the trip a bit to find a grand canyon tour. We found one for $99. We orginally booked with a website Best of Las Vegas-they refused to return our calls, billed us more money than what was on the website-we didn%26#39;t trust them. Then found out there was a fuel surcharge. 7 hours later they finally called us back and we cancelled.



Wolk up at 5:30 am, grabbed some muffins and coffee at the coffee shop. The bus picked us up at 6:30. It brought us to the airport where we got on another bus. Left for the grand canyon south rim tour at 8:00. The bus passed Mead Lake, a photo stop at Hoover Dam, Kingsman AZ, Route 66 and we went for lunch at Max and Thema%26#39;s at the railroad station-awful buffet. The baked chicken was the half decent thing. Finally got to the Grand Canyon. We spent about 3 hours there. Amazing views !!! At the Bright Angel stop ther is a blue building that sells liquid silver. I bought a bracelet for less than 20 bucks and got so many complimemts throughout our trip. Left the canyon at 6:30. Made only 1 stop on the way back. Everyone wanted to get back to Vegas. They showed 2 movies that were pretty good. We found out that the other bus from the same company broke down. Our driver said that we were very lucky that we did not get on that bus. 14 hotel stops-we were the second. We ate dinner at the 24 hour cafe, walked around and played some slots.



The next day we cheked into Bellagio. It was an $11 cab ride. Lots of traffic. It was 11:30-Luxor would not give us a late check out unless we paid for it. Luxor really lacked customer service. Well, our luck changed! Went to check in and the girl said oh, you are celebrating your birthday- gave me a coupon for his and her perfume. Then said you have a partical lake front view. I can put you in a lake front, no extra charge. Then I asked for a buffet pass, no problem. We had to wait to check into the room until after 2:oo, but who cared. So we were going to eat lunch at the Paris buffet, go some free beads from a monorail rep (my kids will love them), and then got stopped by a guy who said Wynn was gining tours of his new hotel. We said fine, but we have to eat lunch first (we hadn%26#39;t eatten anything yet). He said if you take this tour I will give you a $20 voucher for lunch, @ show tickets and 2 dinners. So we went.



Little did we know that we were going to the hotel next to Wynn. I was not happy, but I was hungry, so we went t what turned out to be a timeshare tour. We got tickets to V and American Superstars, a buffet dinner at the Stratesphere and tickets for the top, and a free buffet at Sahara.



We went straight to Alladin to get V tickets, then we got our room keys. I asked the girl if 2 hours was enough time to eat



at the buffet and she handed me another front of the line pass.



Got to the room which overlooked the strip and the fountains.



It was beautiful-I didn%26#39;t want to leave the room. The bathrooms were great. We decided that we would eat after the show because even with the pass, there was a small line.



Went over to Aladin. I liked the show. I thought it was funny and laughed alot. If you ever watched the show -The Entertainer on E - 2 of the guys from that show were in V. I am a big fan of both of them, so I enjoyed the show even more. After the show most of the performers lined up so you could talk to them and I was able to get their autographs. Went back to Bellagio, to find out that all of the good restuarants were closed. I thought Vegas stays open all night. WE used our front of the line pass for Cafe Bellagio. My eggs were not cooked enough and a soda was $4.oo. Not impress at all. Went upstairs to enjoy the view. I slept with the curtains open.(They have a button that you press to open and close the curtains)



Woke up earlier and went to the pool. Very impressed with the service again , people were passing out 2 towels per person. I enjoyed the pool, not many kids. We had reservations for Le Circ, but my husband didn%26#39;t like the menu. Couldn%26#39;t get reservations to Prime-but got them for Mon Ami Gabi. Again we were going to eat lunch at the Paris buffet, but the wait was too long, so we ate a sandwich shop in Paris. The prices were reasonable and we enjoyed the sandwiches. We were in a rush because we had free tickets to Mac King. Got them on the strip. You had to buy one drink which was 7.95 paid before you walk into the show. Of course we had seats in the back, but this was a really good show. There is a 1 and a 3:00 show. Got back to Bellagio, cahnged and went to dinner at Mon Ami Gabi- that was the best meal we had the entire week. We each had a drink, shrimp coktails, and steaks for $120. Then we saw O . It was nothing like I ever experienced.



I enjoyed the show ,my husband thought it was okay. Nicest theatre with very comfortable seats-we sat in the fifth row and one of the performers was in our row and handed my husband his drink.



Next day, we finally ate at the buffet at Bellagio. The food was good, the desserts were horrible. They gave us a 1;oo checkout. Headed over to NYNY. I was so sad to leave this hotel. I really had a good time and loved my room. I was preparing for a huge let down.



We had VIP check in (booked through AMEX). My husband seemed to hit it off with the guy at the front desk. Mentioned that we were celebrating my birthday, and asked if there were any upgrades available-at first nothing, but then he went to another counter, and came back and said okay I have your room. He wouldn%26#39;t tell us what room it was, but said that we would not be disappointed. We did tip him for being so nice.



The room was on the 18th floor of the Century building. We opened the door and we couldn%26#39;t believe it-a spa suite with a strip view. We only payed $79 per night with some other perks. Decided to buy an all day bus pass and check out a few hotels-went to the Venetian to inquire about the gondola rides.



Didn%26#39;t have enough time today, and they don%26#39;t let you buy tickets in advance. We found a restaurant there that had $18 lobsters if you eat in the bar. Ordered two lobster, and a shrimp cocktailand a drink.$70 for dinner-they had the best jumbo shrimp cocktail. What a deal-if you ate in the restuarant



one order of 2 lobster was $65. The bar area was nice and romantic. Then headed to the Rivera to see Splash. We bought this tickets at the airport counter. We had great seat-the showgirls come off the stage and danced right in front of us. We also got some other free show tickets and coupons. I would highly recommend getting tickets there. Of course my husband enjoyed this show more than me, but it was a variety show which was entertaining. Played a little slots at the Riveria. For $20 they give you playing cards, or a mug, a tee shirt, a key chain and some beads. They give you forty dollars worth of play. You can win up to 100 dollar, but you get a prize regardless. I received a sweatshirt. The bus ride back to NYNY was extremely long, but there was a ton of traffic. We got to see the volcano explode while heading back. Had free tickets to go on the Manhattan Coaster-Then we went to see the dueling pianos-I loved that bar. Suitable for any age(over 21). Had a frozen drink outside the coyote bar. For ten dollars you get about 14 oz and an extra shot and a glass to take home.



We had 2 four one coupons for breakfast. Great bread and crepes were super. Headed over Bought tickets for the gondola ride got a private one. Not worth the money unless it is for a very special occasion. Enjoyed the ride, the singer was great, but the ride was maybe 10 minutes. Then we went to see a tv screening-beware-each screening receives different rewards. We were under the impression that we would receive $15 for 30 minutes-that%26#39;s what we were told the previous day. We were offered $2. I was upset, then the lady offered us tee shirts, so at least we got more gifts for the kids. Stopped by Wynn, nice hotel, but I thought it was boring compared to Bellagio, and sopped by a few other hotels along the way.



We went to the Strasphere to get our free buffet, show and ride to the top. Well,there was one good thing at the buffet-the pasta station- a chef allowed you to select shrimp and/or chicken, vegetables ,a nd a sauce and cooked it for you. The desserts were decent. The rest of the food wasn%26#39;t great. Saw



American Superstars. I felt like i was at my daughter%26#39;s dance recital. A fake Elvis, Briittney, Christina A. Some country singer, and Michael Jackson. If you enjoy watching mock performances, then you will enjoy this show. Michael Jackson was funny and entertaining. I would not pay full price to see this show. Then we went to the top of the building. It was a great view. The rides looked interesting. For a free night -it was enjoyable. Bus ride only 35 minutes tonight. My husband was tired, so I play some games and went back to see the dueling pianos.



Last day, went to the NYNY spa to check it out- had free passes.Worked out for a while then had breakfast at the same place as yesterday. Played some more slots-mot much luck-but I did get a free tshirt for playing. Time to go back home-and still so much more to see...



trip report 7/27-8/2 3 hotels very long


Wow, you all worked yourselves all up and down the strip! Sounds great to me and glad you had an excellent trip.



Did you enjoy the dueling pianos? That%26#39;s something I gotta take time out to see next time I return to vegas.



trip report 7/27-8/2 3 hotels very long


';We had 2 four one coupons for breakfast. Great bread and crepes were super';





Where did you have the crepes? They are my favorite!




nice read. sounds like a nice jam-packed vacation! where was the button to auto open and close the curtains in your room ? i looked all over and couldn%26#39;t find it in ours..




Some answers to your questions- we ate breakfast at NYNY-Il Forutuni- on the patio.



The buttons for the curtains was on the wall were the bed was next to the light for the bed.




I loved the dueling pianos. If you want a seat you neeed to get there early. They played great music.




Nice report but why did you think Luxor had bad customer service? Just because they didn%26#39;t upgrade you for free and wouldn%26#39;t let you check out late?




No, I thought that they had bad customer service because it was difficult to ask any questions. You had to go to the main switchboard and wait for someone at the front desk to help you. I found the staff to be unfriendly, and not very helpful. The hotel signs are poorly displayed and we found it difficult to get around.



On the other hand, at Bellagio, any question we had they were very happy to help us. Our bags were brought up to our room



promptly. The bell boy saw that my husband was haiving difficulty hooking up his computer, and helped him. He kept asking us if we had any other questions. 5 minutes later the engineer showed up at our room to make sure that everything was okay. The conceriege staff was key to getting us reservations. Luxor did not offer that type of service.




Great report! Which company did you use for the grand canyon tour and where about%26#39;s did you go to book it?





I%26#39;m going to LV end of August and undecided on whether to book a tour on the net now for $80-100, or risk waiting til I get there.




How long did the time share presentation last? I may consider for free tickets of only one hour. Thanks-- Did you sign up at the Wynn. I realize what I am getting into but for free tickets I can be bothered for one hour. Appreciate a reply soon




The timeshare presentation lasts for 90 minutes + travel timr to the timeshare. I think we were near Paris when we were approached. Inside NYNY their was a company and you can get Rita Rudner tickets. Try to get all that you can from them.





We booked our bus tour from a store on the strip. I think it was scenic or showtime. If you book it online I think it is $89



and a $5 fuel surcharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment