Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sharks Reef vs. Dolphine Habitat at Mirage

If you were to pick one, what would you do?



Sharks Reef vs. Dolphine Habitat at Mirage


Shark Reef.



Sharks Reef vs. Dolphine Habitat at Mirage


Have you been to Sea World ? If yes, you can pass both of these ... just waste of time ...




I went to the shark reef. Honestly, I left there feeling like I wasted my money. If you are going with kids, I%26#39;m sure that they will love it.




Shark Reef was pretty to look at, but boy was I mad I wasted 40 bucks (2 of us) and an hour of my vacation.



what the heck are sharks doing in the desert anyway ?



skip it.




Shark Reef was worth it when it just opened and was cheaper. I now find it very pricey for what you get to see.





I like the Dolphin Habitat but I have to admit I have been going there for 13 years so I have watched those dolphins a long time and so I have gotten pretty attached to them. If you go the trick is to stick around until they are fed. They say they don%26#39;t do tricks but they do- they just call it ';interaction.'; They have them do flips and other tricks. But you just have to stick around because they don%26#39;t have a schedule. If you wait a half hour you will see it. There are 3 pool and so if you stay long enough you will see all three ';interactions.'; You used to be able to see just the dolphins on Wednesday for $5. They did away with that and now you have to pay to see the Secret Garden. If you go in summer you will find the animals are smarter than people. In the heat they just find a bit of shade and fall asleep. You will see sleeping lions, sleeping tigers, etc. It is better to go in cooler weather when the animals are much more active.




I%26#39;ve done both and enjoyed them both, but I really like animal attractions. It%26#39;s hard to compare the two since the Secret Garden is supposed to be more about seeing the big cats, etc. than it is about the dolphins. Each had plusses:





It was cool that the dolphins don%26#39;t have to perform and will actually play with a ball you can throw to them, if they%26#39;re in the mood. As for the ';tricks'; at feeding time, I was told at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago that dolphins naturally do a lot of moves that appear to us to be tricks. It seems likely that the dolphin trainers may be working with the animals at feeding time to keep them in good shape.





The shark reef had quite a few different sharks, etc., and the touch pool was really quite cool.





I guess it depends on what you like and whether you%26#39;re likely to find it interesting enough to be worth the money.





Not that you asked, but- My favorite free animal attractions: The birds (including penguins!) at the Flamingo, the lions at MGM, the bird show at the Hawaiian Marketplace and the aquarium at the Forum Shops.




I felt the Shark Reef was not worth the 16+ bucks. It was short and the glass was dirty so pics look like smudges and hand prints. Also, you have to carry a big rectangular wand and press corresponding buttons to hear the description of the aquatic life.



The only thing that was neat about it was the tunnel through the aquarium.



Unless you want to check out the Mandalay Bay, I would say go do something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment