Sunday, April 4, 2010

Great time at the Monte Carlo...

We just returned from 4 nights. This was our 3rd stay there. No need to go into detail about where we ate etc. since we didn%26#39;t indulge in anything too fancy.





Checked in, asked if we could have a room %26#39;high%26#39; up, as many here have suggested. To our surprise, our host had arranged for us to be on the VIP floor. (no, we%26#39;re not high rollers by any means) It added such an wonderful element to our stay. We had a room overlooking the pool, and could see the Bellagio fountains. The best part is the Club Monaco, which allows you to visit in the morning for coffee, danish, fruit etc. The afternoon has finger sandwiches, fruit, drinks etc. and then they have a ';happy hour';. I am not sure of the additional cost, but if we could, we would try to stay on that floor every visit.





Spent a lot of time at the pool. Hadn%26#39;t done that on any previous visits. The lazy river was great as was the wave pool...and the Bloody Marys!. Was surprised at the number of families there. The only thing that ticked me off were the people that stuck their towels on the chairs for HOURS, thinking no one else had the right to use them. One woman actually came down at noon, saw someone%26#39;s shoes near ';her'; chair, which she said she reserved at 9 am and was really upset. She then threw a magazine on the chair and didn%26#39;t come back before we left, which was at 2. Not a big deal, but seemed really inconsiderate especially when they had three people sharing one just to have a place to sit. THAT was my only complaint- which is more of an observation really.





Husband played craps, I played Video Poker and we both played Roulette. Dealers were fun, except for one that we can%26#39;t figure out how he keeps his job, cause everybody was complaining amongst themselves how crabby he was. Oh well, my husband tried his darndest and actually got him to crack a smile. Had better luck than I had had on previous visits. Still came home with less than what we started with. Ahh that%26#39;s Vegas.





We walked the strip one night and stopped and watched the fountains, and every time I see it, it is still amazing. What really struck me is seeing all of these different people from different walks of life all enjoying such a beautiful thing.





We don%26#39;t usually go in the summer when we visit Vegas, but I will next time to take advantage of the pool! We had such a fabulous, relaxing, fun trip!



Great time at the Monte Carlo...


Well if you were on the 32nd floor it was the concierge level at my hotel. Only thing it could have been from your description.



Great time at the Monte Carlo...


Yes it was the concierge floor. Just when we checked in, the guy said ';the VIP floor';. Anyway, it was wonderful.




Hey Love..lucky you to get put up on the club level floor! I did club level last month. It is 50.00 per day more and to me well worth it. I was good for 2 bloody marys and baily%26#39;s in the coffee every evening. That alone between my husband and I covers the 50.00. I think I ate all the nuts too!





Yes, the pool situation can get annoying. We ended up going to the back by the tennis courts. Always got a chair by the rock fountain. If it got too hot I walked over to the pool for a second, then back to my chair.





Glad you enjoyed it. MC is my favorit place.

No comments:

Post a Comment