Sunday, April 4, 2010

Attractions that are not free

Going to LV in Sept for 5 nights. Husband and I would like to see some of the attractions. I have heard some of them are not worth the money. If you had to pick a few, which ones are worth it? Madame Toussads? Shark Reef? Gondola ride at Venetian? We are meeting his friends that are getting married so might only have time for one or two attractions. Of course we plan to see all of the free attractions! lol Thanks!



Attractions that are not free


Do the gondola ride at Venetian and stop at the Mexican restaurant there (the gondolas go right by). Food is good and margaritas are great! Women would love Forum Shops and also the Venetian%26#39;s shopping area. I%26#39;ve heard Madame Tussaud%26#39;s isn%26#39;t worthwhile. I liked the big cats at Mirage, there%26#39;s also a similar habitat at MGM but with lions (not tigers). Mon Ami Gabi at Paris is a great, romantic restaurant.



Attractions that are not free


avoid luxor tut exhibit. rip off




Madame Toussads? NO.





Shark Reef? Not if you%26#39;ve been to Sea World. LOTS of cool sharks and rays. Not much else worthwhile. LONG walk and at the far end of MB down some long hallways.





Gondola ride at Venetian? NO, unless you like being made fun of by on-lookers. This could be the biggest rip-off in town. The BEST reviews I%26#39;ve seen of this ';ride'; all included the word ';cheesy';.





Actually, the FREE or low cost attractions are generally the most worthwhile. Volcano, Pirate Show, Fremont Street Experience, the History of Las Vegas exhibit in Trop, Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire and Red Rock.




Im a museum junkie-- so I dont mind paying the $15.00 or so for the Bellagio/Venetian museums ---only if I am interested ion the exhibit. I like Madame Tuseaus%26#39;. I think it is just awesome on how those wax figures are made........Volcano is great,, Fountains.. As for the Sirens Pirate show at TI ---ask them to pay you for watching that awful production!




I enjoyed the Secret Garden %26amp; Dolphin Encounter at Mirage and also the current exhibit at the Bellagio art museum.




I enjoyed the Titanic exhibition at the Trop. I would not recommend the wax museum. The Shark Reef was nice when it was cheaper- I think it is pricey for what you get to see. I never took the gondola ride and I don%26#39;t think I ever will. I seems like a complete rip-off.




.......the smell of chlorine will burn the hair out of your nose on the gondola and ruins your appetite if you eat anywhere overlooking the canal........



if there is an exhibit @ the venetian museum while there check it out..........the egyptian exhibit last month was excellent.



...shark reef ok but not great.



...wax dummies......no thanx.




larryjohn, I always felt like you did about the wax dummies. I have not been to Madame Tussaud%26#39;s in LV but have been to the one in London, I take back all the negative things I ever said, it was awesome!!




gabby



Does your head hurt?



You hated it but loved it and take back all the bad things you said about it but you were never there...



Perfect



Go bowling at the Orleans. And don%26#39;t, fer gawds sake, step on any baby kitties.




LOL, I didn%26#39;t say I hated it, just thought that I would but when I actually went, loved it?





Unca Mike, how many times have you been to Vegas? Just curious. Is it more than 30 times?

No comments:

Post a Comment