Sunday, April 4, 2010

The pool at Paris?

What%26#39;s the word on the pool at Paris? We%26#39;re staying there in Sept/Oct. Any recommendations on which rooms/location/views to request, or better yet, stay away from?



The pool at Paris?


The pool is very very boring.. It is situated on the roof 4th floor. It is round with a few pillars to make it look like a french country mansion... Very little shade unless the sun is in front of the tower...Which by the way all visitors to that can watch you sunbathe



The pool at Paris?


The pool is nice - not extra special but has alot of chaises and the Eiffel tower is right there. Many of the rooms overlook the pool and the e tower.




Pool is pretty plain - one giant octagon. But the poolside service is great with very friendly staff. Great pina colada for $8. Try to get a high floor with strip view (this is usually a little extra unless they give you a free upgrade which I have never gotten from Paris). If you do get a strip view, make sure it%26#39;s a high floor as the music will be thumping from the pool starting around 8am.






I agree that the pool is pretty boring. Very large, no fun slides, or waterfalls, or swim up bars, or lazy rivers, etc. Not even any pool toys. But lots of chaise lounges, and lots of sun!





I once saw a swimmer swimming laps for about 40 minutes without anyone else getting in the pool to disturb her.





At Paris, I have almost always had a room with a Strip view. Usually, this has included the pool, the Eiffel Tower and Bellagio. While in a room overlooking the pool, I have never been disturbed by music from the pool. I don%26#39;t know if the reference was to people bringing boom boxes with them, because I don%26#39;t recall any music at all (although I wasn%26#39;t at the pool, but was in my room). I have been able to hear (not very loud) the music from the dancing waters across the street (and to see some of the dancing water show, partially obstructed by the Eiffel Tower).





I%26#39;m trying to remember if there were any horrible views at Paris, something to avoid, but I don%26#39;t recall any. Once, my room looked east/northeast; there was no view of the Strip or of anything at all, but it was not horrible. Once, I had a view that included part of the airport, and I spent a few minutes looking for the alleged Area 51 airplane; didn%26#39;t see it, but I didn%26#39;t put any effort into it (and no optics!). I don%26#39;t really spend a lot of time in my hotel room admiring the view, so I am not very picky about the view; I%26#39;m more concerned about the noise. Although I acknowledge that I did enjoy watching the dancing waters, and at the Venetian, I have watched the Mirage volcano show several times, while getting ready to go out in the evening.




What about the crowds?. It sounds like you can actually find spot to sit down.




What%26#39;s the P room? Any other suggestions regarding rooms greatly appreciated.




I have never seen this pool crowed. P rooms are the Premium view rooms. Bellagio Fountain/Strip




i think the P rooms are actually 1 king bed as opposed to two queens, at least thats what the girl at check in told me in july



I had a P room but the veiw was not great, it was in the north east tower at the end of the hall, great veiw of the barbery coast though, and could see a tiny bit of the fountains through the gap between the NW tower and ballys

No comments:

Post a Comment