Thursday, April 1, 2010

How much money is enough?

Hi im leaving this Saturday and i just wanted some opinions on how much should i take with me for 3 days. Im a moderate gambler but i plan to go a show or two and maybe clubbing one time. Any suggestions?



How much money is enough?



It%26#39;s Vegas, is there ever enough money?


I%26#39;m wondering the same thing, I%26#39;ll be there the 29th of this month.


It all depends. just set a budget and try to stick to it. Shows can be expensive $75.00 and up. Food is not cheap and if your going clubbing (my generation calls it ';bar hopping';) that can really be expensive.


Just have a great time, maybe you%26#39;ll win the jackpot on a slots machine and then won%26#39;t have to worry about the $$$$.



How much money is enough?


Just keep this in mind when you are getting ready for your trip.





Whatever money you take with you to Vegas won%26#39;t be coming back with you.





I am talking about gambling/shopping money. You should be able to budget for hotel, meals, shows and clubs. It is the other that is the unknown. But if you adhere to the statement above, you will still have the house and no added debts when you return. Decide how much money you can afford or are willing to part with for the gambling/shopping before going, take that amount of money with you and when it%26#39;s gone, its gone, you are done shopping gambling, works every time. And if you should win big, even better, you can treat yourself to a shopping spree or buy that something special you%26#39;ve been wanting back home.






I bring $450 spending money per day (but I gamble for four/five hours).




Ah the frequently asked question with no answer, but it is really simple. ALL OF IT.





We do not pay taxes out here and need your money to support our habits.




Just set a realistic budget and stick to it. Also, decide how you want to pay for different things before hand. When my husband and I go to Vegas we use our cash to gamble, pay for incidentals (taxi, tips, etc.) but charge most everything else to either our room or use a credit card. This helps me keep track of our spending and I don%26#39;t have to keep pulling cash out of my wallet.




Well most shows will cost $75-$150 to attend. When clubing or bar hopping it depends if you are male or female because most places if your female no cover but if male a cover of $10 to $20 will happen and expect lines. Drinks are expensive in bars usually $3 to $5 for beer and $7 to $10 for mix drinks. Hope this helps.




Travellers checks----- $ 2500.00





Cash --- $ 300.00 ( 20 ones for tips)





Credit card to pay hotel bill ( charge in-house meals to room.)





Depending on amount of gambling , ask for a comp on hotel bill.




Vegashomeboy





';We do not pay taxes out here and need your money to support our habits.';





LOL - I%26#39;ve been supporting your habits for years, I consider it the price of admission!




I guess it all depends on what you like to do. When I went to Vegas I took about 1000. I took most of this back with me. I really did not have to pay for anything. I was able to get into all the clubs and bars for free. I got free drinks from guys while in there. I don%26#39;t really gamble so I sat at a cheap slot for a while and spent maybe 25.00 or 50.00, got free drinks there. I got most of my meals comped. The majority of my money was spent tipping and buying people souvenirs.




Take 1 mil and you will be fine if you only plan on a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment