Sunday, April 4, 2010

Quick trip report 07/19 thru 07/26

My wife and 3 of her girlfriends planned a girls only trip to Vegas but I decided to crash with our 5 year old daughter.





Stayed at MGM using a players club rate. Checked in at 2am and tried the $20 trick after reading about it here and got upgraded to a suite.





Since it was also my wife%26#39;s birthday I took her to diner at Pearl where the food there was very good. Then to see KA which was our first show in Vegas. Then ended the night at Studio 54.





Took my daughter to the Blue Man Group which she still can%26#39;t stop talking about. Spent many afternoons over at NYNY in the arcade with my daughter while the girls gambled. Enjoyed the lazy river and had the Grand buffets. Also took a trip to Grand Canyon.





This was our second trip to Vegas and had only played the slots the last time, so I wanted to play some blackjack this time around. Well before I could get the nerve to sit at a table I decided to play the slots again. On a dare from on of the girls to play $5 slot I won enough to pay for the entire trip plus.





So now with a little money in my pocket I decided to hit the blackjack tables. I found that I had some beginners luck but then I guess I sat there for too long. My wife also decided to join me at the tables and we both left Vegas feeling that we enjoyed playing at the table much more that the slot machines.





We are looking forward to returning in December for NYE which so far I%26#39;ve heard will be expensive but priceless.





So thanks again for making our trip so enjoyable.



Quick trip report 07/19 thru 07/26


How much did you initially put in the $5 slot machine? I may try one someday...



Quick trip report 07/19 thru 07/26


$100 and hit on the 3rd try. I can still here the machine ringing. I was also given a 1099 which suprised me. LOL






What%26#39;s a 1099?




A 1099 is a US Government form saying that they want some of the money that you just won!!!




Ah.... that explains it. Thought it was some type of bonus or something when you win big, lol...




Can you tell me what the 20$ trick is




it%26#39;s where you attempt to bribe the check-in clerk to upgrade you to a better room..




Was it a WOF $5 machine? Were you playing max credits? Was that in NYNY?






It was at MGM and I can%26#39;t remember the game. Sorry.




amazing how nobody ';remembers'; what machine they won big on ....its a conspiracy!!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment