Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bottle Service Experiences - Please Post Yours

I%26#39;ve been browsing the Vegas forum for about a week and I%26#39;ve read most of the old posts regarding bottle service at clubs, so I%26#39;ve got a good feel for the basics. I%26#39;m visiting Vegas in Sept. with a group of 8 guys. We want to go out to a club Saturday night, and realize that bottle service will be the only way to go. We%26#39;re considering Body English, Mix, La Bete and Pure at this point. My main questions are:





1) Assuming the club requires 1 bottle per 3 people, and our group buys 3 bottles, will that suffice for keeping the table for the entire night? Or will we be hassled to purchase additional bottles if we finish the first 2?





2) How much do people tip the VIP hosts? Will we look like chumps if we only tip $60 or so? To me that seems perfectly adequate for someone whose only job is showing me to a table.





3) Is 18% gratuity automatically tacked on the bottle price, or do they leave this up to the discretion of the guest?





4) Anyone have any horror stories and/or recommendations on how to get the most out of the night?





Thanks in advance! I%26#39;ve learned a lot reading your posts, and I hope some of you can help shed some light on my questions.



Bottle Service Experiences - Please Post Yours


Had bottle service at Body English last August during a bachelor party. There requirment was 1 bottle per 3 people as you stated. My experience was that if you finished a bottle and did not purchase another you would see a bouncer arrive at the table to ask if you are ready to go. After not paying attention to him second bouncer arrives and says you must leave. Order more booze they go away. Next time around $100 bucks given to first bouncer was enought to make him go away. Another $100 bucks to him a short time later kept all the other bouncers and himself away. Gratuity was automatically tacked onto the bottle price. If I can remember we gave the VIP host $300 just to get a table. In my opinion it was totally not worth it. All said and done our total expense was close to 2k. We have since learnt that if you go to a lounge early before the late night crowd you can usually find a place to sit. Pay for you drinks by the round and save yourself the cash. We have had good luck at OPM at Cesears. Last time there we even got asked if we would like to move to the VIP section and didnt have to pay for bottle service. Take this for all its worth but in my opinion I was not a fan of Body English.



Bottle Service Experiences - Please Post Yours


Thanks for the informative review. Those are exactly the details I was hoping to get. Anyone else care to share?




Topping this in hopes of hearing from some more people. Thanks!




1. They%26#39;re always going to try to hustle you for more bottles, that%26#39;s how they make their money. If they%26#39;ve got people who are willing to take over your spot you%26#39;re gonna get bounced if you don%26#39;t buy any more.





2. $50 is pretty standard, if they%26#39;re good to you give them more.





3. Normally it%26#39;s added on the the tab, check your bill because some places don%26#39;t.





4. It depends on what you want out of the night. If you want a lot of attention/better service you may want to go to a smaller club, like Risque just because you%26#39;re probably going to be treated a little better since they%26#39;re not going to have a line of people waiting to take your table. If you want girls popping their tops to get to VIP go to BE. Out of all of your choices I would go to Mix le Bete, or Light.





If you have any other questions I%26#39;ll try to help.




$2000 !!!! Holy $#!%26amp; !!





And they say the Slots are the biggest ripoff in Vegas !




Thanks Shenanagans! I appreciate your reply. Have you checked out La Bete yet? I have heard that it can be hit or miss. I spoke with the VIP host and he said they%26#39;re actually closing it down for a couple months the week after we%26#39;d be there. I guess they%26#39;re launching a $2 million+ ad campaign or something for it. That makes me a bit skeptical as to how good it currently is.




I think it%26#39;s a pretty good club. I know they%26#39;ve had problems, but I know some people there so of course I%26#39;ve never had a bad experience. From what I%26#39;ve heard, the GM (or something akin to that) from Drai%26#39;s afterhours is coming over to run it so I%26#39;m sure it%26#39;s about to get a lot better. Right now it has a pretty small crowd so you may not even need to go through the hassle of bottle service to get in. I actually like Lure better, but it%26#39;s more my speed. It%26#39;s more of an ';ultra lounge'; environment, I know on Wednesdays it%26#39;s pretty good %26amp; they do bottle service, but I%26#39;m not sure what it%26#39;s like on weekends though.




i totally agree grayhorse. the real sad part of the club scene in vegas, is that you spend all that money and never can get laid.





or maybe that%26#39; just me.




I%26#39;d appreciate anyone else%26#39;s personal experiences. I can do without the commentary about how expensive it is and how ';back in your day. . .blah, blah, blah';.





Thanks!




Depends on where you go and how busy the hotel is.... But be very aware BOTTLE SERVICE IS OUTRAGOUSLY EXPENSIVE.. To give an example ... a favorite bottle of chardonnay that I get at the Liquor Store---at most is $24 dollars... I went to Tangerine and they wanted $260 for it. A bottle of Gin $400....Tips to the Girls another $100 which are usually included on bll) Some places include the mixers, some charge a set pp fee for mixers....some al a cart everything..





Was at Pure....we were not hassled and we had 3 bottles for 7 people all night. But that being said.. we were with someone who would be considered a high roller at Casears





Tipping the VIP host is at your discression....I ussually tip about $25.pp in party.

No comments:

Post a Comment