Monday, December 12, 2011

Help finding room on Aug 13th...

I%26#39;m driving home from AZ to MI starting that weekend, and I wanted to go thru Colorado on the way home. I noticed that leaving directly from AZ and going thru CO would be about the same distance as going to Vegas first, then home thru CO.





So I%26#39;m working on planning a last minute trip to Vegas. I%26#39;m looking for somewhere close to or on the strip for the 13th at a decent rate (~130 or less). I%26#39;d prefer to in walking distance of the strip, but I will have a car if needed.





We%26#39;re staying at NYNY on the 14th, but the rate was high on the 13th.



Help finding room on Aug 13th...


Weekends are expensive. For $130 maybe you could get one of the older north strip hotels like Sahara, Stardust, Riviera, New Frontier, Circus Circus, Stratosphere.





Or you might consider Orleans which is off-strip but very popular. It%26#39;s a few miles down from NYNY on Tropicana.



Help finding room on Aug 13th...


You%26#39;ll have very limited options if you%26#39;re looking for a strip room on a Saturday. Lots of places simply don%26#39;t allow Saturday check-ins at all. If you can shift the trip back a day you can get good rates on Sun/Mon nights.




Check Orbitz or Hotels.com, see what%26#39;s available. Then check the hotel website see if they are offering a lower rate.




Yeah I saw Tropicana for like 136, how is that place?





Also, how much would a cab run from like mid-south strip to one of the north strip hotels?







I%26#39;m thinking about seeing if I can push it back a day...might be good.




I went to CC for a friend%26#39;s impromptu wedding 45 days ago...rooms were cheap, checking in took about 20 mins, not bad for 12 pm on a Saturday. Bought booze at the giftshop, too much money, but convenient. Room was clean, 2 queens, NOT in the manor, and very reasonable. Understand that my hubby travels every week, 1*-5* hotels, and we thought it was just fine. Not luxury, by any means, but fine. We make a middle-upper middle income and can afford to stay elsewhere. But we knew we would not be in the room much (who is?). The view sux, restaurants are Dennys-ish. But it was clean, cormfortable and suited our trip. Dont stay in the manor, I hear, but don%26#39;t count CC out entirely. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment