Monday, December 12, 2011

Gondola Ride at the Venetian

Has anybody done this? If so, how was it? Is it worth the $12.50 outisde or $15 inside price. Was thinking of taking this romantic ride before me and my hubby go to the V-Bar. TIA

Gondola Ride at the Venetian

I liked it...It was a fun thing to do once...Most people in this forum will tell you it is cheesy....we did it for our anniversary and it was cute....

Gondola Ride at the Venetian

When I visited the Venetian the canal where the gondolas ride was absolutely disgusting. Cigarette butts and trash all over the place. I don%26#39;t know if we visited on an off day or what, but I was really surprised. I was considering a gondola ride, but once I saw all that mess I was just turned off.


I%26#39;ve been to the Venetian quite a few times and while I%26#39;ve never ridden in one of the gondolas I have never noticed the %26#39;canal%26#39; to be at all dirty. My guess is that mmlm01 just saw the %26#39;canal%26#39; at the wrong time. It would only take one rude group of jerks dropping their butts into the water to make it look nasty.


We did it a couple of weeks ago for our anniversary. The canals were clean when we were there! Because it was so hot, we had to do the inside one. Sharing the ride with another couple was fine - they even helped us take a couple of photos.

They will also try to sell you a photo of you in the gondola for $20 afterwards... of course, my husband fell for that because we didn%26#39;t have too many photos of us together for most of the trip.


Since most of us will never make it to Venice... it is something to do once... But keep in mind the prices of $15 is pp based on 4 people and they will pull two other people out of line (which there always is) o ride with you. It you want to ride with just your husband you must by the other two tickets So total will be $60 for two


Think Lazy River at Michigan%26#39;s Adventure Park with a fake gondola. Weee. Also, be aware that some on-lookers and bystanders above and along the outside canals take great delight in making fun of and sometimes tossing stuff at the ';romantic couples'; during the ride.


';on-lookers and bystanders above and along the outside canals take great delight in making fun of and sometimes tossing stuff at the ';romantic couples'; during the ride.';

Well if you flash them, you might get some beads. No, maybe that was the Rio.

Enjoy your ride if you take one. They are not really powered by the oar, they are electric powered.


We did the gondola ride a couple years ago (inside) and enjoyed it. It is a little chessy but hey, we were on vacation. It is not something I would probably go back to do again. As a one time thing go and enjoy!


Some people are not comfortable being pointed and laughed at while they ride by. If this does not bother you go for it.

  • leave a e mail address
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment